Author Topic: Cryptocurrencies And The Blockchain: Q&A With Erik Firman, Teenage Whizz Kid  (Read 141 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Erik Finman is a 19-year-old entrepreneur who began making bitcoin investments at the age 12 after a gift from his grandmother. By 2013, Erik cashed in the first of his bitcoin investments, when they were valued at $1,200 a piece.

With this crypto cash, Erik launched his first startup, Botangle, an online education program that allowed frustrated students to discover specific teachers digitally (via video chat). The company was then acquired for its back-end technology until Erik took back control of the company in 2017.

Erik is currently working on several large projects including a mission financed by NASA to ‘democratize space’ with a time capsule/satellite. He is also focused on education projects in Dubai, robotics products and future cryptocurrency announcements.

Erik talks exclusively with Forbes about bringing some sense to the current crypto mania and his ongoing belief in the currency and especially the blockchain.

Monty Munford: Why did you invest in bitcoin to begin with?

Erik Firman: Me and a family member (sic) were very political. And we saw this as an incredible way to transcend the financial system including Wall Street. We discovered the incredible implications politically that this technology hasn't even begun to crack... yet!

As a crypto-native, how different is your experience to more seasoned individuals such as digital natives?

I think a lot of digital natives who got into this cryptocurrency space feel like that they know a lot. And can transfer a lot of their skills into this new world. And although that's true, I think there's more to it than that.

Source:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/montymunford/2018/01/22/cryptocurrencies-and-the-blockchain-qa-with-erik-firman-teenage-whizz-kid/#119bcab12270